YBR Air induction blocking

dale154
This post is 804 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I had to get a new exhaust for my YBR-125. However, the new exhaust does not have the connection for the air induction system. I've been told that that's okay, the air induction system can just be blocked off. May be a silly question, but wondering how I would go about blocking it off?

Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If you supply pictures, it would help...

Old Exhaust with Air induction offtake

New Exhaust - no offtake

Exhaust part diagram

The links should take you to some pictures. The first shows the old exhaust with the offtake for the air induction system which I believe goes to the air filter box. The second, shows the new exhaust without the offtake. The third figure shows a part diagram with the air induction system (parts 21-29) that I would need to block off somehow when fitting the new exhaust.

(Apologies for the links, wasn't sure how to add an image to the post).

Edited by dale154

To be honest, I've no idea what 'air induction' actually is.
However...
If it's REALLY not required, then all you need to do is screw a bolt into the rubber tube. Problem solved!

It draws air into the exhaust, this causes the unburned fuel in the exhaust to be consumed by the heat in the exhaust, lowers the nastier oxides and makes the bike cleaner for the polar bears. Only thing affected by it would be a gas analyser and as they dont do that to bikes, yet!