I'm not a Spambot.......

Pete
This post is 6453 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

....... I'm a Welshman living in Spain! In the town of Huescar in Granada, Andalucia to be precise.

espania.gif

And a mate of mine from Essex made the trip down! Dellboy!

He rode down through France....stayed in the Pyrenees for a few days (where he witnessed a Dutch guy on a 1200GS writing it off) and then motored down to Denia near Benidorm.

We arranged to meet up in Cartagena in the Murcia province, which is a round trip of about 250 miles for each of us.

I was out early (8.30am) before the heat kicked in.....

vss15.jpg

.....and 2 hours later I got to the harbour in Cartagena, with the submarine as the meeting point.

12084.jpg

vss16.jpg

Del was already there....by the time he gets back to Essex he'll have racked up 3000 miles on the trip.

That's me on the left and dellboy on the right.

vss18.jpg

Then a look around Cartagena harbour. It was quiet at the time so no dumb Brits puking up everywhere!

12085.jpg

12082.jpg

1208.jpg

12081.jpg

Had a few cool drinks in a nice air conditioned bar on the harbour....by which time (noon) things started warming up.

Trust me, you do not want to be caught out on a bike between 2 and 5 in August. So both of us made a move to get back home. As quickly as possible.

The Stroms looked quite cool though....

vss17.jpg

I led Del onto the slip road for the Alicante road heading north, and I carried on to the Murcia road heading west.

The other side of Murcia it was time to refuel....and find some bloody shade!

vss19.jpg

Another 50 miles and I'd reached El Moral.....time to dive in the aircon cafe bar there.

vss20.jpg

Then another 30 miles and home!

A total of 400kms/250 miles....though the trip home was quite tiring because the temperature had risen up to 35. I can take it up to that point but then it gets really hard. I won't ride without a jacket so I've just got to sweat it out.

A great day out....and one fly splattered Strom!

vss21.jpg

Obviously within a couple of hours it was back to pristine again! :D

vss22.jpg

Hope you liked the report, and when temperatures start dropping in September there'll be plenty more to come! B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice pics Pete, and well done to your mate, that's some trek he has made. Mind you, that BP garage looks suspiciously like the one in Inverness, just a bit sunnier :) !

Do I take it you like the Strom?

Andy

• Admin

Yep youve got some nice photos there Pete

But the question is what the hell are them things on your feet.... is it fashion out there :lol:

I mst admit that the 650 appeals to me, as much for it's quirkiness as anything else, but the reports I have read all seem very favourable.

I forgot to say in my other post, I like your comment about 'no dumb Brits puking up everywhere'. I'm not the only one who feels embarrassed by their behaviour then?

Enjoy your sunshine, at the moment we are suffering monsoon like conditions here, very odd weather for the Highlands. Very steamy wih odd spells of sun but very very heavy 'showers' :huh:

Cheers,

Andy

Yep youve got some nice photos there Pete

But the question is what the hell are them things on your feet.... is it fashion out there :lol:

They're AlpineStars trainer/boots for motorcyclists....so you wouldn't know about them Alex! :lol:

brilliant pics pete!! very nice day out!

Andy where abouts up near inverness are you??

i was just on holiday for 2 weeks up near aviemore and went into inverness a few times! i even had my bike up there and had no idea you were up there!! b*ll*X!! :angry: