2020 Tracer 700 Heated grips

Tony1303
This post is 810 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I have just bought some oxford heated grips for my 2020 (new shape)Tracer 700. There is no dedicated grip wiring as per the previous model that I could find, it only has the auxiliary connections for USB and Aux power outlet and these are only protected via the same 3A fuse. As the grips are rated up to 4A I was going to use the heated seat wiring to power them, but it appears they have deleted this too.  Anyone know if there is a suitable switched power supply that I could use instead, as I don't really want to power them direct to the battery as per the instructions. Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If the aux power output is switched i would use that as a trigger line and then fit the old faithful 12v relay and a fuse link off of the battery.

Digging into modern wiring is not an option, no telling what is connected to what in modern canbus systems.

• Like 1

Thanks for that Cynic, I had a good look round for the heated grip wiring today. Turns out the heated grip and seat connectors are there, they were well taped up so couldn't see them the first time. I have now fitted the grips and all working fine. Good call on the relay idea that's the route I would have taken if the dedicated wiring wasn't there. Cheers.

• Like 2

No problem, nice to get results posted. Most ask for help and never say if it worked. They will bitch often enough if it doesent.

• Like 1