Seat recommendations xvs 1300

Mikael912
This post is 853 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey everyone, currently own a xvs 1300 midnight star from 2007.

The issue i have is that I'm a very big guy (400lbs and 203cm tall) and the design of the seat makes it so that most of the strain ends up right on the tailbone (which i fractured about 1 year ago)

This results in me being in excruciating pain if i ride more than 100km so I'm looking for an alternative seat for it and figured I'd check here if people have had similar issue and see what kinda seats people recommend. 

Thanks in advance, Mikael912

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I had a similar problem a few years back. Fractured my lower spine, and found that I could no longer ride the Virago750, as I felt every bump up through the spine. Sadly, I sold it and bought a bike with a more forward riding position, which solved the problem for me as the spine was no longer straight upright and the "load" could be taken through the hips.

Yea it sucks having spinal injuries, changing the bike isn't really an option for me as it holds alot of sentimental value.

I have been looking at 2 different seats that have caught my eye.

Midrider:  ultimate seats, link removed as per request

Mustang: https://www.mustangseats.com/products/5620/wide-touring-for-yamaha-v-star-1300-1300-tourer-2007-17

Edited by Mikael912

That ultimateseats link is infected with a trojan virus (JS:Includer-BMF [Trj])

Threat type Trojan - This threat pretends to be something else (e.g., picture, document, or other file) to trick you into running it and infecting your computer.

Best to remove it...

2 hours ago, Snakebite68 said:

That ultimateseats link is infected with a trojan virus (JS:Includer-BMF [Trj])

Threat type Trojan - This threat pretends to be something else (e.g., picture, document, or other file) to trick you into running it and infecting your computer.

Best to remove it...

My bad, so i guess that rules them out.. scam maybe i guess?

It may just have been an unsafe site that had been infected.
And there's always the possibility that it was a false positive...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online