No Spark on SR125

TMC
This post is 891 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, 

I've just brought a 1999 SR125 and I have no spark. I have fitted a new spark plug, coil and a new battery.

It has power to the coil and it has good earth and what an I missing? 

Any help is appreciated 

James 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Faulty engine kill switch?, Presumably it has one on the handlebars?

Also worth checking the wire that goes to it too, if it's grounding before it gets to the switch, it won't matter how good the switch is if the cable has lost its sheath and the wire is grounding enroute.

(I had something similar happen to me with my 400/4 one Christmas Eve!, unbeknown at the time, the cold weather had made a cable brittle and had exposed the wire which was grounding next to the steering head, just wouldn't start.... long push home for something so simple!)

Same for me, riding to work and he kill switch wire had touched the exhaust and melted to it. 

Long push for something i could fix at the side of the road, didn't even need tools as it was obvious as soon as i pulled off the lh side panel. pulled the wire off the exhaust and she lit right up.

• Like 1