Upgrades for xvs 1100 ?

Oscar. Dragstar
This post is 900 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not really the kind of thing people do to the 1100.

From a horsepower point of view its no superstar its only 60hp or so. Not sure you would notice the benefit. Its no rev monster and that's what you need for cam and head work. 

You could regrind the cams you have I suppose and a good engineer can make a square peg fit a round hole if you have the brass. 

Honestly with image being everything on these I would think a turbo would be just as effective and look better

2 hours ago, Cynic said:

Not really the kind of thing people do to the 1100.

From a horsepower point of view its no superstar its only 60hp or so. Not sure you would notice the benefit. Its no rev monster and that's what you need for cam and head work. 

You could regrind the cams you have I suppose and a good engineer can make a square peg fit a round hole if you have the brass. 

Honestly with image being everything on these I would think a turbo would be just as effective and look better

The reason it only has 60 ish horsepower is the reason to boost it a little, since the rest of the work will make it look faster 😂

the performance cam will make 15+ horsepower and it takes around 2h, to change.

but turbo sounds like a good idea to 😊

A blower may be easier...

16 hours ago, Oscar. Dragstar said:

It seems quite difficult to put a turbo on a bike with carburetor 🤔

Plenty out there, bandits and gsxr's have been turbo's forever. 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online