sr250se

r75/6
This post is 6257 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• 9 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Re pattern exhaust for SR250SE. I have a similar machine 1981 and it failed MOT for holes in exhaust. I purchased a Universal megaphone silencer, and it fits a treat. The previous silencer was welded to the exhaust pipe. We ground it off and separated the two parts. The end of the pipe had a reduction pipe clamped on which we had to reduce in length again with an angle grinder and the old pipe then slid into the new silencer and together with the 3 insert flanges and the clamp supplied make a suitable fit. The stay bracket supplied with the silencer fitted on the central, of five holes and just needed drilling out to fit onto the rear footrest bolt.

It sailed through the MOT on retest.

I have searched everywhere for a pattern exhaust and no joy. The problem might arise in having to replace the exhaust pipe in the future but for now, no problem.