yzf750 project cams

robo
This post is 925 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

im busy restoring a yzf750 1995. the cams were out when i bought it and had been placed in a box with other bits. iv put the camshafts back in but when i torque them up the cams will not turn. so im wondering if the head has warped [ i can not see any sign of it] iv also noticed 2 of the pistons have a slight crack in them ,, over heated may be ? the bike is a 4fm and the cam case is stamped with 3gm. could this be the reason why the cams will not turn and are to tight, wrong casing for 4fm cams? or are fz and yzf parts all interchangeable ? also i can get a good thunderace 1000 head and cams but  will these fit a yzf 750 barrels ? 

any help would be very great full thank

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Did you put all of the cam retainers back in their original positions, i have never pulled a yzf apart but on my old suzuki the cam journals were line bored so they had to be refitted in the same location and orientation if a cam was removed. The clearances are tiny too so even slightly off the cam will stick.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online