DT125LC mkIII compatability with other cylinders and pistons for what model??

MickMackMike
This post is 932 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Does anybody know what compatibility is over what years for the DT125LC mkIII

i see different information on the net suggesting this same cylinder has been used on other bikes and models,,, but I cannot confirm.

The DT125r following the LC was air cooled, but a DT125re was liquid cooled again.. Is it the same?

Have any other bikes used the same cylinder, apart from ebay listings which suggest compatibility at "buyers risk" I find it very difficult to find this info out.

Its also difficult to ascertain piston compatibility. I've been stuck before ordering off width,,, then receiving a piston that is too tall or short for a model that had a different stroke,, but even the seller didn't know wasn't compatible. 

My bike was originally a German bike imported to the Pacific where it is now. It has the YPVS on it. Bike I believe is probably 1986-88

Mike. 

Edited by MickMackMike
update

• MickMackMike changed the title to DT125LC mkIII compatability with other cylinders and pistons for what model??
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online