12,000rpm, boring commuter bike??!? Eh?

This post is 934 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I’ve picked up a Diversion XJ-F with 17k on the clock. The Divvy was looking a bit rough, a bit neglected and in sore need of some pennies invested. All is done and I have a very smart looking bike, a quick check online reveals I have a boring commuter bike only worthy of a few trips down the bypass and nothing more! I am amazed because I only use bikes for fun and only travel straight roads if no other routes are available and this little Yamaha does not disappoint! Admittedly it needs a little encouragement but keep the motor between 7k and the limiter and she pops along very nicely indeed. The front brake needs a good pull but the rear is great and the gearbox is superb. The engine super smooth and it’s comfortable too…this might make a good commuter bike but it isn’t just a commuter bike. I’m enjoying the wee Divvy. Mine is a 59 plate and the build quality is superb, I usually aim for Honda’s as fixer upper and play but this little Yamaha is easily as good quality wise with some nice touches. The tank hinges and can be flipped up for access, nice! Oil filter and sump plug easy to access, battery in a sensible spot, plugs easy enough to access with a little patience. It’s a pity I only picked it up recently and the weather might not last much longer! 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you can thank bike magazine journalists for its reputation. they can be a bit prattish. much like Top gear, if its not a super fast track machine, its a boring old farts ride 🙄

enjoy your ride and take pleasure in knowing you bagged a hidden gem. 

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online