VStar1100 Help

Soby
This post is 6239 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My wife rides a 01 1100V Star equiped with a hardkrome 2 ito one sideburner pipe,jet kit and hyperchager.Pulled it out this spring fired it up ran great.Jumped on it last week and anything above half throttle it goes into a miss.Pulled the carbs went through them found nothing wrong.Went ahead and set the valves and checked the rest of the fuel system out and pump output mets spec.You can hold the throttle 1/4 open going down the road it wines up and does'nt miss a beat crack it open it falls on it's face.It ran great this spring but the wife rides it and never gets on it enough to notice there was a problem.I have worked on bikes for quite a few years but have never gotten into the newer eletrical systems (Throttle position sensors and so on).Just wondering if anyone out there has ran into a simaler problem and could point me in another direction.

• 8 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My wife rides a 01 1100V Star equiped with a hardkrome 2 ito one sideburner pipe,jet kit and hyperchager.Pulled it out this spring fired it up ran great.Jumped on it last week and anything above half throttle it goes into a miss.Pulled the carbs went through them found nothing wrong.Went ahead and set the valves and checked the rest of the fuel system out and pump output mets spec.You can hold the throttle 1/4 open going down the road it wines up and does'nt miss a beat crack it open it falls on it's face.It ran great this spring but the wife rides it and never gets on it enough to notice there was a problem.I have worked on bikes for quite a few years but have never gotten into the newer eletrical systems (Throttle position sensors and so on).Just wondering if anyone out there has ran into a simaler problem and could point me in another direction.

Hello , ive have same problem with my 2000 v-star 1100 i'm writing you to find out what the problem was, or

if you ever found any. i'm thinking a little gunk in carbs and away i go. please reply....thanks yogy :mellow:

• 2 months later...

Hello , ive have same problem with my 2000 v-star 1100 i'm writing you to find out what the problem was, or

if you ever found any. i'm thinking a little gunk in carbs and away i go. please reply....thanks yogy :mellow:

I have the same problem on my 2000 V-star 1100. From just over half way through the throttle to wide open the engine will drop in power and "miss". It feels like there is something preventing the fuel from spraying properly through the jets. Guess no one knows what is going on.