Bike won't run, HELP

Sean Whitcomb
This post is 6647 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 2001 Yamaha Warrior 350 four wheeler, yesterday I rode it and today it won't run right. The bike will idle fine but when you crack the throttle it pops, cracks, and then stalls. What could it be? I sprayed it off yesterday after I rode could I have gotten water in some of the electric stuff or what. I cleaned my air filter, put in a new spark plug, drained, and refilled the gas tank with fresh gas. I don't know what else it could be. Anybody got any clues?

Thanks, Sean

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hay there Sean,

sounds to me like water in electrical, I have a warrior also, check the coil and plug wire, water may be inside the cap. usaly some wd40 sprayed in to the plug cap will disapate the water and the wd40 helps promote continuity.

If all your wiring components are were mine are, above the left rear tire, You could eather let it set in a very dry area for a few days to make certain it all gets dry or unplug each plug, and connector in line and spray also with wd40, Napa has electrical cleaner spray but make sure it is the one that wont harm plastic, eather way, spray the connectors and spades to help keep corrosion down and disapate any water that may be hiding up in the connectors or around the relays and as such.

After that I would check more deep into the fuel, carb bowl look for gummy stuff and make sure the float is moving and the float stopper thing that alows the fuel in is stopping fluid when in the raised possion, mine stuck about 1 1/2 years ago and finaly i found it, it was opening but not enough to alow for the amount needed, I just kept poping it up and down many times till fluid came out a lot more freely.

The sounds of it, acts as if it is in reverse limiter mode, my first experience with a reverse limiter was big open eyes and gut wrenching feeling of so many possible problems out in the middle of no were towards the evening and about 7 miles to home, put it back in forward and all was fine :rolleyes:

I believe it is not the reverse limiter but I was only saying it sound as if it may have been acting like that.

Good luck and hope I was of some help to you :)

I have a 2001 Yamaha Warrior 350 four wheeler, yesterday I rode it and today it won't run right. The bike will idle fine but when you crack the throttle it pops, cracks, and then stalls. What could it be? I sprayed it off yesterday after I rode could I have gotten water in some of the electric stuff or what. I cleaned my air filter, put in a new spark plug, drained, and refilled the gas tank with fresh gas. I don't know what else it could be. Anybody got any clues?

Thanks, Sean