Here's a fun one. Was I sold a restricted bike as "full power"?

JamesJones
This post is 1452 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all! 

New poster here, only just found out this place existed. Have been enjoying a R3 for years. 

So as you may be familiar, the MT07 comes in restricted and derestricted versions. In AUS it's the MT07LAMS vs MT07HO. Slightly lower capacity in CC's, throttle stop, internal air intake restrictions.

Imagine my surprise when I stepped up from a R3 to a MT07HO today, and it felt around 30% faster. much torquer, but a little choking in the top end, vs the expected balls tearing 2x as much power to redline experience, then looked at my throttle stop.

Can anyone confirm my suspicions from this image? Also of note, no HO branding/stickers anywhere. 

spacer.png

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

not good, nip over to new members section and introduce yourself first. might get a better response

Just an update on this one lads, as much fun as it is to whinge and moan unfortunately the Dealer's done right by me and offered an epic deal on a brand new MT07HO, with some in store vouchers and free delivery to my door to boot.

All's well that ends well, and I'm sure they won't make this error again!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online