YZF 750R 1993

andrew1
This post is 6511 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

:blink: i thing my bike needs a service the engine seems to be noisey and the gear change is terrable. what grade of oil can i use for it? and will car oil do the job?

also when i got my bike it had an illegal exhaust can on it now i have fitted an origional one the engine doesnt behave the same and idles at 2500 rpm when its warm any way of making it idle at 800 ish? and haw do you do it.

thanks andrew.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

Nope do NOT use CAR OIL!

You need SAE 10W30 or 10W40 oil and filter change is about 3.2 litres

Your idle speed should be set between 1150-1250 rpm

Hope this helps

Alex

to adjust the idle simply lift the gas tank (leave the hinged forwar bolt attached so that it swivels upward) and look just below the aircleaner. there is a knob facing the left side of the bike that you can turn by hand. this is the idle control which adjusts all four carberators at eh same time. Be careful when you loft the tank there are some hoses attached so not too high. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

:blink: i thing my bike needs a service the engine seems to be noisey and the gear change is terrable. what grade of oil can i use for it? and will car oil do the job?

also when i got my bike it had an illegal exhaust can on it now i have fitted an origional one the engine doesnt behave the same and idles at 2500 rpm when its warm any way of making it idle at 800 ish? and haw do you do it.

thanks andrew.

Nope do NOT use CAR OIL!

You need SAE 10W30 or 10W40 oil and filter change is about 3.2 litres

Your idle speed should be set between 1150-1250 rpm

Hope this helps

Alex

hi alex sorry to trouble u but u seem 2 know e few things.... do u know how 2 fix the return spring in the gearbox yzf750 n reg!!!!?