Substitute front Calliper for a Virago 535 1991

Jesse_M
This post is 1469 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

just wondering if you could help me. The thread on my front calliper in which the bleed nipple sits has gone gone; and I was just wondering if anyone could suggest an alternative front calliper because trying to source an original has proven to be difficult.

any advice would be appreciated,

Jess

Edited by Jesse_M
Missed information out

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

cant you drill the old nipple out? you can buy nipples with 0.5 oversize for this reason. You can also buy bleedable banjos, they replace the existing banjo but have a bleed nipple built in - i have fitted one and as long as you orientate the caliper correctly you can bleed them out. They look like this:

Yamaha YZF-R 125 16 Banjo Bolt for Front Caliper (Stainless Steel ...

if you must replace the caliper, do you know the bolt spacing? 

There are a number of yamahas with the same ~(i think) 83mm calipers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No idea on what other calipers may fit. It would be with cross referencing parts numbers on Fowlersparts.co.uk 

Is the bleed nipple still in the caliper at the minute?

The bleed nipple is out just won’t tighten. I was just hesitant to rethread  it as can’t ensure no debris would fall down into the calliper 

30 minutes ago, pilninggas said:

cant you drill the old nipple out? you can buy nipples with 0.5 oversize for this reason. You can also buy bleedable banjos, they replace the existing banjo but have a bleed nipple built in - i have fitted one and as long as you orientate the caliper correctly you can bleed them out. They look like this:

Yamaha YZF-R 125 16 Banjo Bolt for Front Caliper (Stainless Steel ...

if you must replace the caliper, do you know the bolt spacing? 

There are a number of yamahas with the same ~(i think) 83mm calipers.

I’ll definitely look into this bud and give it a shot.

thanks for the advice everyone, appreciate it.