RXS100

rxs100
This post is 5872 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys i'm new here and I just bought my first yamaha. I'm only 17 but i've had 6 or so mopeds and motorcycles since taking my CBT because I get bored and need variety.

I bought a 1998 (or '97) RXS100 energy induction for £500 and I must say it's a piece of engineering brilliance. I won't be changing bike soon and it's put me off taking my test since it's got plenty of go for my use. It's so small and has great power for a 100cc. All these other kids ''looking like power rangers'' on their 'sports' mopeds havn't got a chance at the lights. But don't get me wrong i'm no irresponsible boy racer, and plan to keep the rxs as original as possible with no mods.

12 hp, 100cc bomb. Pics will be up soon. It's a really tidy find.

If there are any textbook problems which are commmon for alot of RXS's, let me know. I'd love to keep the bike running as long as possible. Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey guys i'm new here and I just bought my first yamaha. I'm only 17 but i've had 6 or so mopeds and motorcycles since taking my CBT because I get bored and need variety.

I bought a 1998 (or '97) RXS100 energy induction for £500 and I must say it's a piece of engineering brilliance. I won't be changing bike soon and it's put me off taking my test since it's got plenty of go for my use. It's so small and has great power for a 100cc. All these other kids ''looking like power rangers'' on their 'sports' mopeds havn't got a chance at the lights. But don't get me wrong i'm no irresponsible boy racer, and plan to keep the rxs as original as possible with no mods.

If there are any textbook problems which are commmon for alot of RXS's, let me know. I'd love to keep the bike running as long as possible. Thanks

Congrats on the new bike!

Thanks. One slight concern is it's twitchiness when the throttle is put back on. Is this normal? I can cope, but sometimes it makes me nervous going round a sweeping corner and having to put it back on, especially in 2nd and 3rd gear. I hear other yammys have low rpm problems too. Thanks for the help

Thanks. One slight concern is it's twitchiness when the throttle is put back on. Is this normal? I can cope, but sometimes it makes me nervous going round a sweeping corner and having to put it back on, especially in 2nd and 3rd gear. I hear other yammys have low rpm problems too. Thanks for the help

mine doesnt do that, just keep it screaming and dont let off mid bend thats a recipe for a tarmac butty!

yea i know 'bout the corners but its also on the straight.when i re-apply the throttle in 1st gear (and sometimes second) it pulls a wheelie, and i let the throttle off again and it tries to throw me over the bars. Same kinda thing as changing down gear too soon when the revs are high, but not as violent. It might just be the way it works, with the reed valves and stuff. I wouldn't know how many other geared bikes ride since i havn't been on many, but for 100cc is seems very powerful (although theres only about 12hp)

• 8 months later...
Guest dibdab

Guest dibdab

hi iam in the middle of resoring my rxs 100 its had 10 owners and its has not bean looked after do you know of any good places for parts iam from middlesbrough

• 1 month later...

hi everyone,

just got meself a d reg rxs100 for 200 notes :)

is my first geared bike after 18 months on a derestricted jinlun 50cc 4 stroke.

this little rocket scares the shit out of me and i love it, i had 68 mph out of it the other day on the way home from work, and after so long on the scoot its a bit hair raising lol

mine doesn't give me the problems that were being described above, but tbh i'm still having to concentrate on changing gear and stuff that i am not really noticing much about the bike

apart from the fact that i can actually beat traffic now, instead of holding it up.

• 11 months later...

hi, how about this for a bargain, E reg RXS100 , owned by a police man in traffic with the servicing done at the police garage so proper job done. last MOT in 2005 with only 500 miles done till he stopped using it then sat in garage for 2 years,just need cleaning up/dusting off......£100.