rocker cover-trx 850 -variant ?

lincs brian
This post is 6564 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have a trx 850 1999-

because it had done a fair mileage and the valves were worn , i chose to buy a top end off ebay, this was said to be a trx barrel pistons/head-

anyway it turns out that the head is different- it had different cams, and the rocker cover from my trx doesnt match the new head-

we have swapped cams over- and all is well except i need to know what model 850 twin the new head came from- the seller on ebay was told it was trx- but can anyone suggest which model i need to source a rocker cover from ?

i do know the trx engine was a slightly tuned version of the earlier tdm 850- yet at barton bike night last wednesday -i saw a tdm and the rocker cover looked the same fitting as my trx item ?

any ideas -?

at yhe front of the trx cover there are 4 bolt holes- the head i now have seems only to need two at the front ?

HELP !.........

cheers- brian

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online