E-Bay

madshep
This post is 6654 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Has anyone else tried to buy a "headlight lens cover" from a git selling them on E-bay???

I saw a "Thundercat headlight cover-any colour...with all fittings" advertised for "buy it now" £18.99.

As my 'cat has orange in its colour scheme, and I've just fitted an amber double bubble, I ordered an amber headlight cover.

BUT...when it came, the fixing pads are WHITE, and as you can obviously see them through the ( again obviously ) transparent lens cover it looks shocking.

I contacted the seller and politely asked for fixings in a suitable colur, but he refused saying "they're fine".

I replied saying the whole idea of a coloured lens cover is to make the bike look better.....not worse.

As he refused to budge, the matter went to the resolution service who unbeleiveably ahve today said " the item was basically as described"!!!!

If you see these for sale..he does loads of bike models...ask him what colour fixings he supplies BEFORE you bid...don't be a mug like me.

:angry::angry::angry:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

Ive just had some nigerian bloke buy something i was selling with the buy it now.... then he sent me a fake paypal payment email... and to be honest i would have probably fell for it until he asked for the item to be posted to nigeria!

Obviously i then checked the email header and realised... typically it came from a yahoo email account.