XVS125 GEAR PROBLEM

Mickyc94
This post is 1744 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 2003 Yamaha XVS125 and I have got it up and running but everytime I go to click it into 1st gear it will just stall. I have tried bypassing clutch switch and the side stand switch and I have also stripped down and cleaned the clutch plates and put it back together with fresh oil and still having the same problem. Any suggestions?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
On 6/16/2019 at 8:41 PM, Mickyc94 said:

I have a 2003 Yamaha XVS125 and I have got it up and running but everytime I go to click it into 1st gear it will just stall. I have tried bypassing clutch switch and the side stand switch and I have also stripped down and cleaned the clutch plates and put it back together with fresh oil and still having the same problem. Any suggestions?

Get a jack and a piece of reasonably stout timber, place the timber under the frame rails beneath the engine, put the jack under the timber and carefully raise the rear wheel of the ground. Start the bike, clutch in, into first, watch what the rear wheel does, report back

How did you 'bypass' the switches.

Properly at the cdi? 

Problem solved, it had nothing to do with clutch. Even though switches were bypassed by joining wires together there was a relay box that was linked to them and the cdi which was telling the bike to cut off everytime it was put in gear. It resulted in getting false reading and cut the coils off. Can close thread now, thanks for the help though.

I was right though.... :)

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online