yamaha fz600 1988 model

lincs
This post is 6567 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, Can any one help started my fz up and petrol and some oil spat out all over back wheel. Had a look and the engine was full with petrol have put new petrol tap on but still getting petrol in engine

Any Ideas

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, Can any one help started my fz up and petrol and some oil spat out all over back wheel. Had a look and the engine was full with petrol have put new petrol tap on but still getting petrol in engine

Any Ideas

Cheers

Hi,

I suspect one of the carbs has a sticky / worn float valves thus allowing fuel to flow when it shouldn't.

It will overfill the bowl and then up into the body of the carb, then into engine and or airbox,

If it gets into the engine it can "hydralic lock" ie the piston comes up and can not comprese the

petrol and has been know to bend con rods!!

I have personally seen it on more than one two stroke engine.

Any Ideas

Cheers