Bought a YZF600R as a learner bike, but.. almost too tall for it? any fix to help?

dderek
This post is 6588 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just picked this bike up at a pretty good deal. 2002 Yamaha YZF600R. less than 6k miles.

figured it was best to get a 600cc bike to learn on rather than something bigger, and nothing new. That way if i ever dropped it i wouldnt cry myself to sleep. I had to force myself to ignore anything bigger i saw. Ive been wanting a bike since i was 15, im 21 now and jumped on the deal without much thinking. dumb, i know. but i did it. Im sure some of you can understand the feeling though.

Anyways. I just got it, and its a little difficult to operate the rear brake for me. Probably because im so tall.

If the foot peg was a little higer, or the brake lever didnt sit so high it wouldnt be a problem for me.

I know theres a ton of aftermarket pegs out there, so i figured this would be the best place to ask.

Let me know what you guys think

Derek

I figured you guys would appreciate the picture

d630im.jpg

• 2 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You can adjust the rear brake for better usage. I am 6'4" with very long legs and noticed the same problem when First got my YZF600r. I can now ride very comfortable on the bike. As far as getting a bigger bike later it will still not help you as far as seat height or anything. If you put the measurements of the lager bikes side by side of the smaller bike you will find that the over all dimensions are roughly the same on all of them. The only differance being the much more powerfull and insanly faster motor.

Just picked this bike up at a pretty good deal. 2002 Yamaha YZF600R. less than 6k miles.

figured it was best to get a 600cc bike to learn on rather than something bigger, and nothing new. That way if i ever dropped it i wouldnt cry myself to sleep. I had to force myself to ignore anything bigger i saw. Ive been wanting a bike since i was 15, im 21 now and jumped on the deal without much thinking. dumb, i know. but i did it. Im sure some of you can understand the feeling though.

Anyways. I just got it, and its a little difficult to operate the rear brake for me. Probably because im so tall.

If the foot peg was a little higer, or the brake lever didnt sit so high it wouldnt be a problem for me.

I know theres a ton of aftermarket pegs out there, so i figured this would be the best place to ask.

Let me know what you guys think

Derek

I figured you guys would appreciate the picture

d630im.jpg