xv125 carb problems

chippy
This post is 6654 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello all,

i'm new to the forum and i have a major problem with the carb, the bike struggles to get up to 45mph,

and if i hit any head wind i have to gear it down to 3rd and it takes forever to get it to any kind of speed,

i got the carb cleaned and the shop owner told me the carb is goosed, is there anything i can do to the carb to salvage it, or has anyone got a good one or know where i could get one,

thanks

pat

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hello all,

i'm new to the forum and i have a major problem with the carb, the bike struggles to get up to 45mph,

and if i hit any head wind i have to gear it down to 3rd and it takes forever to get it to any kind of speed,

i got the carb cleaned and the shop owner told me the carb is goosed, is there anything i can do to the carb to salvage it, or has anyone got a good one or know where i could get one,

thanks

pat

was the carb cleaned by ultrasonic method, in my opinion that is the best way to get inside the drillings. try www.jrs.uk.com/

try timing the bike and check the valves

have a look at your plugs to see what colour they are(sooty black rich, very white lean) they should be a tan colour. that will indicate if the carb is working

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online