2002 Fzs1000 died while riding.

theeee d
This post is 1969 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I was riding her pretty hard the last time i was on it. going 80-100mph for about 10 miles.. all of a sudden i lost throttle power., the bike didnt die just went down to an idle and the throttle did nothing.. shut it off after 10 mins it started up and i made it home one mile.. let it sit for a week found out the battery was shot. replaced it and now it will start no problem but only runs for about 2-5 seconds or untill you touch the throttle. i feel like its getting fuel it more so seems like as soon as its started the power is drainded and cannot kept running. iv read its maybe the stator just searching for other opinions.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yeah 4 if them.. i did have a leak coming out of the fuel petcock valve i fixed that.. it seems like yes it not getting enough fuel after starting to stay running or losing power right after it starts n shutting off.. it will stay started a bit longer 5-8 seconds with a charger hooked up that’s why i was leaning more toward the stator or battery still..

Edited by theeee d
explained more

Always start with the simplest, easiest, and cheapest checks first. Check for spark at the plugs, check that your getting 13 to 14 volts at the battery at around 3000rpm, no more than that. Go round the bike and check all of the earth conecttions are sound and clean

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online