Yamaha XTZ 125 mods

williamperu
This post is 2052 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello I have a Yamaha XTZ 125 and it has great acceleration but I want to go faster. I mostly use it to travel to remote towns in Peru which I have more than enough power and top speed for, but my problem is on the highway it tops at 55mphand that's winding it all the way out and it feels like it doesn't have any more torque to give so without getting more power adding an extra tooth or two isn't going to help. My plan is to add a bigger exhaust and carb to it, but I'm worried about blowing it up. It's still definitely under warranty but if I blow it up due to aftermarket parts I dought it is covered. do you guys have any idea of what I can do to make it faster is there a washer in the exhaust I can drill out? also, I love to ride in the dessert but every now and then I hit a really soft patch of sand my front tire digs into the sand and I feel like in going to wreck is there anything I can do to my bike to fix this?

Any help is extremely appreciated!!!!!!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi William welcome to the YOC. As you have already figured out changing the gearing on your bike will give you a top end boost but not a lot, the real problem is that your bike was designed to go at a certain speed and your going to find that getting it to go much faster will get expensive very fast, exhausts and carb kits plus boring out the barrel will help but every time you increase the speed the reliability will go down till you reach the time when it detonates across the road and throws you into the nearest bush if your lucky. Your best bet, take your test and ride a bigger bike..! Sorry mate but there is no magic fix for your problem. Now your other problem with going through sand at speed, again you can't, it's the same as the bikes and cars that do the DAKA rally even they slow down for sand.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online