Yamaha dtr 125 1999 ypvs problem! Help

Lars01
This post is 2077 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey, the ypvs is not working properly on my dtr.. When i start the ignition the pulley moves the valve as normal. Then i start the bike and the ypvs seems fine. The pulley is moving but suddenly it just stops?? It can stop at any time, after the first rev or after a short trip. 

I have tried to look after people having the same problem but it seems like people ypvs do not move at all or it works. 

I have removed the power valve, cleaned it so tjat it moves freely, i have adjusted the pulley cables (many times!) and i have opened the servo too see if everything is good. 

I have hear it can be the pv controller or the cdi, but these are expensive parts so is there a way to check if mine works or something?

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Seeing this more regularly I'm afraid, most likely your CDI. Only way to check is try another unfortunately

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online