brake discs

deadhunter
This post is 2116 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey guys, first of all first time owning a yamaha, i have not been riding a bike for long(about a year).

quick question, i recently acquired a YAMAHA FZS600 (2000) and one of the front discs has a slight gauge in it, it brakes absolutely fine with no issues. 

my question is if i am getting them replaced, is there a specific size i need to get, or can someone point me in the right direction for a low budget decent set, as i would not just buy the one i would replace both including the pads. 

many thanks in advance :) 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Dont usually buy them buy size, there normally bought  by the bike name/part number etc. Try Wemoto, or Yambits, or EBC, or main dealer. Dont expect them to be cheap, and dont buy used. Your life depends on them. Dont expect it to be easy to get the old ones off either, you'll need patience and plenty of release oil and/or heat. Or you could be lucky and all the screws just pop out

I would not discount second hand disks. The disk on my TDR is second hand coming with the wheels. It was in very good nick and well within spec.

It is very much buyer beware though.

As said above though you literally live or die by your front disks. if there is no effect on braking I would not worry. Remember disc's are not smooth per se, there will be ridges on the braking surface.

Seeing as you have not been on a bike long it would be a good idea to get a biker to have a look. If you filled out your profile properly with a general location (within 10 mile say) you may have someone on here pop round.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online