MT 03 660 2006

drlsculpt
This post is 2158 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi new to the site,  

Having issues with my MT.

Electrics playing up after all winter riding, started with Indicators and stop light not working, went to local yam deal to have it them sorted, after that the speedo and display kept playing up when starting and riding,  parked up in locked steering position left all day went to ride home batt flat, display was back on and headlight but was still locked with no key in ignition. Quick charged batt to 50% got me home after  hours ride. Locked parked up as usual next day turned it over and then shut down just to check batt (may have used kill switch not sure). Next day headed to work went out to start it batt totally dead, charged but cant get up to 12v. Bought new batt but has corrosion on the negative connection on opening checked showed 12/13 V connected it up but no ignition on turning key left over night but bat dead by morning, went to charge but new batt showing bad batt on new charger.

Not getting any thing on turning ignition, checked fuses, new starter relay and fusses still nothing. Dealer suggested wiring needed changing so have ordered 2nd hand wiring loom from a 2009 MT not yet arrived, wasn't expecting wiring to go within a week !

Have also ordered 2nd hand ECU (incase ) as well as Regulator/Rectifier and side stand switch 16 pin relay as old one has a broken pin (half size of others)

Bike was cutting out on me prior to indicators going, would cut out and stall in first and due to wiring connections could have engine running or no indicators. 

Following having the indicators fixed the engine did cut out on me in 5th gear overtaking traffic luckily there was no other traffic on the road.

Any thoughts welcome, currently charging old batt and waiting for new one to arrive.

Could issues with the display or wiering draine a new battery if nothing is running on wierd up to + and - connections.?

Cheers

D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds like the regulator,,   draining,   l that new battery musta been duff,   when the battery is fully charged , run the bike,  ,then check the voltage,  running and not running,  disconect the battery over night,  see the voltage, [ in morning [  before reconnecting it,   you"l need a meter,  = ebay  £10

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online