wont start power occasionally

fergy16
This post is 6583 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 1982 yamaha seca it has shut off a few times not showing me any power i would push start it and it would run fine for a few more weeks then the other day it woudlnt show me any power before i left my house and had run just fine the day before. so i fiddled around with connections around the battery and then i turned the key and it gave me power then for no apparent reason and hour after that it started so then i drove it again and it died again. So i just tried to push start it again but it woulnd work and wont show me any power anymore. this is my first bike any thoughts

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds like it might be a faulty Starter Cut-Off relay?......Same thing happened to me with my 550 Seca...

The relay can be by-passed & is located near the primary coils in the frame backbone, above the motor. ;)