Reset sequence on an MT07 Tracer

bigfellabuck
This post is 2168 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys n dolls, I'm new on here so be patient please, I unplugged the  outside temp sensor on my Tracer to move the tank slightly and forgot to put it back on initially, after starting my bike the engine management light came on and after replacing the temp sensor plug it's staying on, does anyone know the resetting sequence please as the main dealer wants to take one of my legs or arms as payment, 

Many thanks  Rich

• Haha 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've had a look on Google, and found the owners manual (which you probably have) pages 3~11 detail the dashboard but there's no mention of a reset procedure. If its anything like a car, the system has an ODBC connector and the error is stored in memory requiring it to be plugged in to clear and reset the memory.

I also found this on a website for the same error but on a FJ-09 and the reply was and seems to confirm it.....

Finally got it in to the dealer to straighten this out. The tech confirmed that the only way to turn off the light is by plugging it in to a computer running Yamaha diagnostic software and checking/clearing the codes. He said there were only two "historic" codes that came up one being a "stall" and the other being "front wheel ABS sensor". He couldn't explain why the check engine light remained on being that these weren't "Active" codes.

Either way he cleared the codes and no more Check engine light

the above from https://fj-09.org/thread/5723/2017-reset-check-engine-light

So in a nutshell, no i don't think there is a 'user' way to reset it.

Just a thought, (my stuff is waaaaaaaaay to old) if were talking standard obd2 stuff you can download the software and get the cables for your lap top for not a lot of cash. The obd doctor i have to fix the wife's car only cost 30 quid.

The forscan for the Mondeo was 12, with the cable. Useful way to get a good quality odb2 cable is to buy the forscan unit anyway rather than a cheap chineese cable.

Not saying it does work, i haven't tried it on a bike but it has so far worked on Renault, Nissan, and BMW.

Must be worth investigating.

• Like 1

A little bit of ebay searching and google searching brought up this.....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-OBDII-OBD2-MT-09-MT09-XSR-900-FJR1300-MT10-MT10SP-R6-MT07-XSR700/142784680925?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D44040%26meid%3Defec2d612d944c6e9e91d1f12b6160a5%26pid%3D100623%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D252780397410%26itm%3D142784680925&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1

But it does also mention a 3 pin and 4 pin connector depending on year. This cable ONLY provides the ODB2 connector socket nothing more! You do of course still need to have a some form of scanner/laptop and an interface tool as mentioned by Cynic.