MR trail

IceR6
This post is 2213 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

A friend of mine is restoring a 1981/82 yamaha mr trail 50 cc but finding parts for this model seems impossible even the older mr are very hard too find. is there anyone that can be of some help, is the dt50 of same year possibly the same bike?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Some stats from the internet http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/yamaha_mr50_1980.php

Pretty much, the twinshock is the spit of the DT50m. The Later monoshock  is, apart from differences in plastics, and oddly no nosecone on the MR the same as the DT50 MX. The engines are broadly the same except for one VERY big difference......

A fit and healthy twinshock with the 16mm carb will crack 60mph, i can vouch for this having been clocked on my old 50 in the stone age at 65, (at 60cc with a lot of teenage fiddling).

The MX, at least in the uk..... well...... wont, 30mph in the uk. Boooooooooooooooooo. Fit the m engine parts parts, (carb/reeds/inlet/ exhaust) and yahay, so guess where all the m's went.

• Like 1