Original/Restore

This post is 2293 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hiya all,i am a new member and am hoping I can get some good advice from you all.My first bike was a fizzy and wish I had kept hold of it,as still think they look and sound great.Anyway,i have an original Yamaha FS!-chopper which they only made for 18 months,it his in good condition and only thing is chromework is a little pitted but everything else is good and working.Am now going to sell and was wondering if it is best to leave it in original condition or restore the chromework.Would love to hear views and many thanks in advance.Dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi David, welcome to the YOC. As to the best way of finding out what it's worth with or without the chrome done, find out what a good thoroughly restored one is worth, cost out what it will be to re-chrome yours and there's your answer.

As is 'in good nick' and 'restored' are the same kind of money.

Myself, i think full restorations erase the bike and just create a copy, it will never be like a 30 year old classic because it isn't. My tdr is original unrestored with its rough edges and worth the same as a full restoration.

Fully restoring a basket case, fair enough, its fucked anyway. A good tidy bike needing nothing but time, no. Repair yes, restore no. 

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online