Xvs 125 Dragstar poor throttle control

Clivette
This post is 2212 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I've had the bike for two weeks now and just can't ride it smoothly. It seems as if it never warms up with the throttle lag. I adjusted the air bleed screw from one and a half turns out to half turn out with slight improvement but no cure. New spark plugs and filters, new fuel. Any help greatly appreciated. I am afraid the sudden jerking through the transmission will harm it. The chain has been adjusted too. Many thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You have had the bike 2 weeks, how long have you actually been riding?

A 125 is built to be abused, if it could not handle some ham fisted gearchanges or some throttle abuse it wouldn't last 2 minutes in the hands of a new rider.

You wont harm it with some ham fisted throttle use. Pin it on the stand, yeah that may but you would not believe what those 125 twins will take abuse wise. As long as its got good oil. Hell so long as its got oil......

Whip the plugs out and have a look at the colour ie black/brown/wet etc. Also have a good look at the carb rubber, the black rubber Y shaped piece on top of the carb. Needs to be in good order with no cracks/splits and securely fastened so not leaking air. Its is full of old fuel, drain it out and try some fresh

11 hours ago, Clivette said:

and filters, 

You got  pods on instead of the airbox ,?  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online