72 RD200 What is the center light on the dash

wespierce
This post is 2276 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello I just purchased a 72 RD200 and the center light on the dash is on and stays on when the bike is running. The lights are labeled N F C from left to right. I know the N is neutral but what are the other two lights for? especially the "F" light?

Edited by wespierce
change

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sure its a T and not an F.

Normally its green (N), yellow (T)turn) and red (C) for charge with an oil level warning in the spedo.

i double checked and its for sure an F and it does flash when i turn on the right turn signal but it just stays on steady when in the center position and when I put it in left turn. So seems something is wacky with the wiring I guess. Did they actually make a rd200 in 1972 or is this a CS3? the vin does start with CS3 but it does not have the teardrop style tank like the 70 or 71 CS3. I wonder if this may be a euro or jap spec bike

thx

wp

As far as i know the CS3 came first and became the RD in 72/3. but i may well be wrong. The same thing happened with the DT monika taking over from the CT prefix on the trials bikes at about that time 72/3. There is confusion with the ct1 as they kept the ct in the ch/engine number after becoming dt's

Not sure about the coffin tank, could be a refit from a later bike after damage/corrosion or a changeover model. Changeover more than likely considering the age.

Wouldn't swear to it but i don't think I'm far off.

What else does the bike have, spokes and front drum brake, spokes and a disk or alloys and a disc. How lairy is the colour, purple or gold or a more restrained red or blue.

Could well be a US bike but that would put it back as US bikes were generally 6-12mths behind their spec, shipping times. So a 1974 US bike could easily be 1973 spec model. If it was subsequently sent over here and re registered it could get even sillier. 

On 28/01/2018 at 2:54 PM, Cynic said:

Sure its a T and not an F.

Normally its green (N), yellow (T)turn) and red (C) for charge with an oil level warning in the spedo.

Back in 72 (T)(turn) was (F)(flasher) 

You know one day i WILL put one of those engines in the dt.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online