Thunderace indicator stay - compatible parts...???

Malky
This post is 2276 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, I wondered why my Ace had a bit of a wonky indicator (front left).  I found the indicator had been cunningly wedged in using black electrical insulating tape.  Taking the thing apart I found there was no supporting stay behind the indicator hence the reason for it being a bit wonky.

I couldn't find anything on EBay for my bike and I don't really want to pay over £20 new for a bent bit of metal which is all it effectively is.

Does anyone know if there are bikes with compatible parts - other than the Thundercat which is similar age and has presumably similar 'hen's teeth' parts availability.

Many thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have a look on fowler's parts. If they haven't got any available on backorder then you can at least get the yam part number. It will also tell you if any bikes share the same part

Thanks finnerz89, I'd looked on Fowlers as they are pretty helpful and the part is available however... it was still going to cost me over 20 quid.  I just found one available on Ebay Germany, brand new out of the packet for about a tenner including shipping.

You're right Fowlers do display a list of bikes the part was fitted to but sadly these were all YZF 600 / 750 of the same era and equally as hard to find second hand.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online