Introduction

Pete-XS
This post is 2428 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I've joined the forum as I've gained a lot from the VW forum club 80-90 for my T3 van in the past and thought this might be the way forward with my new purchase. I've been off the motorbikes for a few years after being stupid on sports bikes for to long and getting away with it. So the new deal is I restore a 'sensible' vintage bike for fair weather transport. I'm in Manchester UK and have a 1975 XS500B which I bought on eBay as boxes of bits (2 bikes) on eBay. I'm on the way with it and should have the engine complete and back in by the weekend.

I foresee the problems being the obvious things, so it would be great to hear from any owners or anyone that has done a restoration on one of these twins. If she runs then I'll do all the brakes, forks, repaint etc. 

Good to be part of the forum.

Pete

:)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: Pete

the 500 will be a challenge especially oil filters. there are conversion kits out there for them.

which part of mancunia are you from?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online