Replacement electronic displays

MT03Tim
This post is 2525 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I have an 07 MT03 (the proper 660 single) and yes there are a few still on the road!

2 weekends ago I was out for a ride and saw according to my speedo I was doing 188 mph and 0 revs. So I stopped, and restarted the bike hoping the problem was not terminal...... it was - the whole display was dead. No neutral, indicator, main beam, nuffing  (Later on closer inspection a chip on the printed circuit had blown)

So as Mr Yamaha wanted £440 for a new one , after a lot of searching I managed to get one from a breakers . It works fine except that when I start the engine the display and rev dial goes blank for a few seconds. At first  I thought it could be that the bike had been standing for a while and the battery was at 12.6 volts, but even when fully charged it happens

I did have a chat with my local Yam dealer and they said it was a straightforward plug the new one in.

My question is ' has anybody else had the same issue when replacing the instrument cluster on any Yam?'

If so have you managed to fix it

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online