2000 Fazer won't turn over.

Barry1991
This post is 2374 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all newbie here sorry my first post is with a problem but I am stuck with this. I have a 2000 fazer and I can't get the bike to turn over. Bike was running fine yesterday went to start today and nothing. 

WHEN I turn the key the lights light up was they should I hear one single click (no sound from the fuel pump like I would normally hear). 

Try pressing the starter button and nothing happens no noises no flickers of the lights absolutely zip happens.

I have tried checking all the fuses, recharging the battery checking all connections from ignition and fuel pump.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It could possibly be the ongoing problem I had on my old Divvy 600.

The cable from the starter button goes to a block connecter under the seat to the starter solenoid so when you press the button it kicks in the solenoid then the starter.

But, where the cable from the starter button goes into the block connecter it quite often corrodes hence no connection at starter motor. What I had to do is pull the cable out which came out so easy, clean connector, strip a bit of old cable and re-join.

But, here's the clever bit, to test if that is the problem, and be very carefull doing this, short the two heavy duty cable nuts on the starter solenoid with a screwdriver carefull not to touch the metal shaft of the screwdriver and if the bike turns over then there is a break between starter button and starter motor.

Hope this helps but by the time you read this you've most likeley sorted it out.

Mike