NO PRESSURE REAR BRAKE.

hippyracer
This post is 2329 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

1 hour ago, hippyracer said:

Update: Received new hel performance braided hose and bleed nipple. Once I fitted new parts and bled the system I was hoping that would be the end of it, well I was wrong on that one.  When I rode my bike home I still found that I had a small leak around the bleed nipple area of the calliper. What I noticed when I removed the old bleed nipple it was rusted at the end of it (which is a bit worrying). I'm thinking when I removed the old nipple and where it has rusted it has pitted the internal thread causing it to leak. So now I have decided to get a 2nd hand calliper from eBay. Lettuce hope this put this to bed once and for all. 

Just use a copper washer under the nipple. 

Personally I'm still going with the m/c. 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
On 12/10/2017 at 8:53 PM, Simon46 said:

I have to bleed my xt rear caliper this weekend. Im going to hang it from the ceiling by its front wheel. The bubbles just wont go. 

Bubbles devere?
9015e90a-46af-48c1-85bc-84c144beb3cf.jpg

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I managed to put this one to bed. I sourced a second hand calliper from eBay, fitted it, no more leak. Have to admit I wasn't happy at first that I had to buy another calliper but when I read the eBay item description I had to put things into perspective a bit. The calliper came from a MT07 that only had 241 miles on the clock before it was written off. Should the owner of that MT07 ever come across this message I hope you are ok. One again, thank you to all you guys for your help.

1 hour ago, hippyracer said:

Well I managed to put this one to bed. I sourced a second hand calliper from eBay, fitted it, no more leak. Have to admit I wasn't happy at first that I had to buy another calliper but when I read the eBay item description I had to put things into perspective a bit. The calliper came from a MT07 that only had 241 miles on the clock before it was written off. Should the owner of that MT07 ever come across this message I hope you are ok. One again, thank you to all you guys for your help.

it would be interesting to see what actually happened to the old caliper. Certainly seems like the opposing slider was sticking preventing the pads closing down on the disc.

• 1 month later...

Little tip may help anyone, when you re-assemble a calliper after overhaul or if you need to bleed your brakes, remove or renew bleed nipple, wrap ptfe tape around threads before refitting, stops the air creeping up the threads! :-)

• Who's Online (See full list)