Son of Sparkz

Son of Sparkz
This post is 2412 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All, 

New to the forum but have grown up on bikes and helping my dad have fun in the workshops modifying them. His first project bike even featured in the original Mad Max which started life as a z type Kwaka. 

My dads last project bike has now become my project as he passed away in May this year.  It's a 92 Yamaha YZF750 rear frame with a 03 R1 front end and the plan is to turn it into a tribute bike in the end. I have a 1040 hybrid motor for it so when it's finished it should be a beast. 

I'll start a build thread when I get started on it if someone can point me in the right direction and all feed back is welcome be it good or bad. 

Dads dream will become a reality 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the forum it sounds and interesting idea.

1040 hybrid of?

Whats the big bit in the middle, yzf 750, r1, zed?

What direction are you struggling with. Bike or forum?

Hi Cynic,  I'm learning about the forum and as for the bike I only know enough to be dangerous.  The bike was sold to dad as a UTE and trailer load of bits and there is probably enough bits to build two bikes if I had a second frame.  There is a stock 750 motor and the 1040 motor is all in bits ready to build. Hybrid of what I don't know it's just what's in dads notes.  The frame is a yzf750 to the steering column I think with the r1 forks.  One of the last things dad did was get me patched in to his motorcycle club so a few guys there will hopefully help me out and I thought a build thread to get you guys input would be handy as well. I'll stick some photos up here tomorrow

Ah.

So were talking 750 with the thou top end in a yzf frame with an R1 front end.

Interesting, the forks will go in without any real headaches, motor mounts will be an issue and shoving something into the rear end to balance the look of the front will get you thinking. 

Just remember the MOST important forum rule with things like this.

PICTURES, lots and lots and then a few more PICTURES :thumb:

Hi sparkz ",  i take it your in the Oz,   with your old man having  a bike outa Mad max film,   ,great intro ,,:welcome:

The Z type as it started life001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg

Stage 2 of the Z type and yeah thats me on the tank

004.jpg005.jpg

And finally as she looked in the end. the only standard off the shelf item on the whole bike was the front mud gard and it wasnt even off a Z type

006.jpg

A couple of Mad Max Shots, thats dad third bike from the front, (The White One)

18622529_10154558563489599_3150969282615845371_n.jpg

Orange leathers. They gave him the kaki jacket to wear as they said his orange leathers were way to bright lol

18671087_10154558563699599_8476232571276746363_n.jpg

Cheers

Son of Sparkz

Intro: https://yamahaclub.com/forums/topic/45344-son-of-sparkz/

Current Build: https://yamahaclub.com/forums/topic/45345-yzf-750-and-then-some/

• Like 3

Kin ell, it wasn't inspired by the film it was in the film, with your Dad in the film. 

That's some pretty heavy family kudos.

So did your dad get splatted by max in the film. Might have to watch it again. hmmm

Nahh Cynic he was just an extra. He was in a few scenes. only guy on a white bike and yes thats him riding up on the foot path cause some dick was going to slow infront of him. theres a few shots of his hand, leg and fairing at they are backing in and in the fight scene then walking over to the donuts scene.

He did get the crap scared out of him by Toecutter though in a red light brothal but that's another story lol

Miss my dad and this Yami has to be perfect. i've started a build log if anyone wants to take a look

Cheers

Son of Sparkz

Intro: https://yamahaclub.com/forums/topic/45344-son-of-sparkz/

Current Build: https://yamahaclub.com/forums/topic/45345-yzf-750-and-then-some/