Any Previous Gold Wing 1800 Owners Here?

Flat6
This post is 2552 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello fellow riders!

I've got a 2010 GL1800 that I'm considering selling and replacing with a 2017/2018 FJR1300ES.  The Wing at over 1100 lbs is getting to be just a little bit too hard to get up on its centerstand.  I recently test drove an FJR and absolutely loved the power, handing and its light weight.  Wondering how many of you FJR riders previously owned a Gold Wing.

Flat6

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Never owned a Goldwing but my FJR is brilliant..! I don't really like the "New" FJR as it seems to be run more by electronics than the rider but each to their own I suppose, Mine is the Gen 1 so has very little in the way of gizmos other than the ECU, the one your talking about has EVERYTHING monitored by some chip or other telling you when to brake and how much throttle to use and I wish you the very best of luck with it, if you decide to go down the FJR route then join the FJ/FJR owners club, they are really very helpful and know everything about them. Go here www.fjclub.co.uk for £12 a year it's worth every penny and they will do it right and cheaper than a main dealer. If in doubt then call Ernie at the club and he will be more than pleased to offer advice on what bike suits you to how to save you marriage, he has an opinion on everything..! :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online