Dragstar 125 Clutch. (odd question).

TMC
This post is 2371 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right, 

I brought a 2002 Dragstar for my wife the only problem is that it had been sat for 2 years outside with only a small tarp covering it. 

When I got it into the garage the clutch had seized and the plates were all welded together with rust. I've put new plates and springs  in and a new clutch cable in. Now the problem is that there is a half inch of movement in the plates and I will not engage. Ive tried the different adjusters but nothing. Everything went out as it went in... what am I missing? 

Any help will be greatly appreciated 

Thanks in advance. 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Are you missing any spacers or washers?

Does the pressure plate only go on one way? 

• Like 1

dont know how far you went with the dis-assmbly, but ill assume that you have the long and short pushrods and ball in correclty. Id double check to make sure that you have the mark on the push lever and the mark on the case lined up. Do you have a copy of the service manual?

• Like 1

Can't count the times that I have dropped or forgotten  the ball bearing on the end of the shaft. It does sound like you have forgotten something.

• Like 2

Hey yeah,, everything is there. I thought it was the pushrods but they are all there including the bearing it kind of looks as thou the pushrods are not even touching. Any other ideas ? I am proper lost with this one. The clutch was all seized when I got it.