Restoration

Dannyj
This post is 2474 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I'm Danny, (newbie)

from Hemel Hempstead in Hertfordshire 

ive not had much happen on the bike front for around ten years now, mrs came along then first kid..then second and well you know the rest!!

but when my first child was a year old an opportunity came up to buy a bike that I wanted but never could afford when I was younger, I bought  and rd 350 f2

i thought it would be a lovely bike to pass on to him when he came of age! The first two years I did get it roadworthy and motd but did very little mileage around 200 miles per year, then my second lad came along and the bike has stood in the garage for the last four years.

now I feel the time has come that my eldest is ready to be a pillion and attend events and go places with me on the bike.

so we are looking for advice on someone or a company that may be able to lovingly restore the bike,

the bike entire but as stated has been standing a long time and I want to gat it back into great condition so my son and I can enjoy it and all the attention that comes along with riding one.

any advice or recommendations greatly received 

Danny

Edited by Dannyj

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

do it yourself unless you have won the lottery.

You are talking serious cash to lovingly restore a 350. If it ran 4 years ago, buy a manual and some tools (Christmas is coming) and clean her up yourself. Much cheaper, MUCH MUCH cheaper.

• Like 1

Try  Dave  @   redrose  retro bikes,,  he does resto"s,    he in Todmorten, [ burnley Rd.]...Lancs,:welcome:

Welcome to the YOC Danny. :D

Cynic is right about the cost, your in for a major unpleasant surprise when you get the quote..! Even if they only charge you £45 an hour (yes really..!) your going to be looking at serious money, buy the best tool kit you can afford and have at it. Oh yeah and don't forget spares prices as well, they will sting for sure.

7 hours ago, slice said:

Welcome to the YOC Danny. :D

Cynic is right about the cost, your in for a major unpleasant surprise when you get the quote..! Even if they only charge you £45 an hour (yes really..!) your going to be looking at serious money, buy the best tool kit you can afford and have at it. Oh yeah and don't forget spares prices as well, they will sting for sure.

You better believe it, the ebayers are getting to know what swaps these days too. Like the sr125 switchgear is the same as the rd 350/500 ypvs. One sells for maybe 20 quid the other for £££. Guess which they advertise it as.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online