FZ07 to R6 or R1

Cbaerrr
This post is 2386 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 2017 FZ-07 with a little work done to it performance wise but i am looking to go full fairing. Ive seen all the debates on the R6 vs R1 but i want more opinions based on my experience. Ive been riding dirtbikes my whole life and just last year bought an fz but it doesnt seem like enough. It isnt crazy torquey to me and apparently neither is the R6. For example ive had it to 120 on the hwy even with the shaking and i can do standups in 12 oclock in 1st 2nd or 3rd gear. My buddy has a 2012 CBR1000RR and i love the way it rides and he tells me just to get an R6 but ive ridden the liter bikes and i dont know why but i like the violent minimal throttle movements. I like when that quarter turn scares the mess out of you and im wondering if the R6 is closer to that violent mess or is it tamer like the FZ? The top speed isnt the biggest issue i just want another yamaha that will scare me a little or a lot and i keep hearing like the R1 is the way i should go but would anyone recommend the R6 for me? Tame bikes apparently arent my thing so help please lol

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well that's a new one, someone asking which bike will kill them the soonest..! Don't worry about it either bike will scare the crap out of you and the fear of God, but the most fun thing, for you at any rate will be telling the coroner how you were "just having fun" whilst looking into the eyes of the family of the folks you will probably kill as well. We were all like you once, most of us got over it eventually. If you live long enough come back and tell us how it feels.

personally id stick with the FZ07 (mt07 here) as they are awesome bits of kit. If is it fairly new, why move on until youve done some decent miles.

The R6 and R1 are both state of the art, but very focused - perhaps for more poke get an MT09 (FZ09 over there). Prolly better performance than an R6, but less extreme than an R1.

I'd be enjoying the 07 before i got my head turned, but i do tend to do the miles on bikes i own.

Any of the modern bikes are twist and power, even the 600's.

You need to turn the clock back with your attitude, go buy a streetfighters magazine. In the back will be many proper powerful bikes.

Stuff that needs a big hairy pair like 1400 bandit (big bored oil pumpers not the water cooled imitation) with 250+ rear wheel horsepower,  that (on a fairly straight road) will scare even the most hardend horsepower junkie.

Debating between an r6 or an r1 when you have the fz7 while talking about 12 o'clock wheelies, its borderline spam.

Might want speed dial set for 999 though.

• Haha 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online