Hell's bells..!

slice
This post is 2408 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just a quick story of something that frightened the life out of me, I'm on my way home from visiting my Mum down in Portsmouth, and I'm just passing Swindon going down Blunsden hill, it's very steep and if you hit the top at 70+ your doing 90 at the bottom without moving the throttle, I love this hill..! Anyway I have just passed everything in front of me and pulled over to the left when this bike, it was green and black and that's all I know about it and bloody loud to, passes me on the outside, I'm doing 90 and he passed me at well over 140..! Nothing wrong with that I think and must admit had a bit of a grin on my face till I saw a kid about 10 years old on the back ..!!! W T F was this guy thinking? Perhaps I'm just getting old, well no perhaps about it really, but to my mind this was insane. Just having a moan really as I can't for the life of me think why anyone would do this.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It's Summer. Twats are out in force.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have had my bike 'weighing over a ton' on occasion with the daughter 16 yr old on the back, in boots, jacket, gloves etc and she is a VERY good pillion. If that lad is as good as my daughter you can relax and ride, but those speeds, phwew.

Every year ,sadly, we see garlands of flowers placed at exactly the same  spots on the roads of Wester Ross where I live (and motorcycle.)No-one ever learns. Always the same places, Slattadale at Loch Maree, the hairpins between Poolewe and Aultbea,  Dundonnell and the Ullapool/Inverness road.       It is not clever and it is not cool to speed on a bike ,no matter how smart you think you are.         Last weekend I set off with friends from home to Ullapool , 4 of us, doing the legal 60. Before Braemore Junction we were overtaken by leather-clad twats doing in excess of 100 mph on the wrong side of the road   ;     ,if a similar bunch of leather -clad twats had been doing the same thing from the opposite direction we would all have been wiped out. If you are in that mindset,then fuckin' grow up.  Assuming you are actually able to read this. Duh.

• Haha 1

On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 2:19 AM, fras1 said:

on the roads of Wester Ross where I live

You live in Westeros? :lol:

To be fair, it's very cool to go fast on a bike. It's why we do it... and most of us, if we're honest about it, do do it. The trick is knowing when it's safe to do it and how far to push it.

On 24/08/2017 at 3:35 PM, Ttaskmaster said:

To be fair, it's very cool to go fast on a bike. It's why we do it... and most of us, if we're honest about it, do do it. The trick is knowing when it's safe to do it and how far to push it.

As fast and as far as you can? When I want to go slow I get the  bus...

• Haha 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online