Yamaha RS125 left cover removal

Ricco
This post is 2459 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a new chain and sprocket kit for my bike. My previous bike had a separate cover for the front sprocket but the RS125 just has one cover on the left hand side, that covers everything. I know the clutch cable locates under here plus the clutch push rod. There's also the neutral switch, I think.  I'm comfortable removing the gearshift lever, all the bolts are free that hold the case. I'm nervous though. If I go ahead, remove the bolts and gear lever, manage to get the cover off, am I likely to have a load of things fall out not knowing where they came from, or how to replace them?

Any help appreciated!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Shouldn't think so mate, they usually just come off and you then can get at the cog, don't think there is any oil behind it tho you might want a drain can under it just in case. What does it say in the manual?

Yep, nothing behind it, well shouldn't be except the mag and the sprocket that is. There will be a gasket and you could on an old bike find fuel in there with a bad crank seal.