Yamaha dt 175 1993 questions help.

This post is 2465 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All, 

Nice to meet you all, many blessings to everyone. Would like some suggestions, opinions, i have a Yamaha dt 175 1993. I would like to know a couple of things since I love this bike it's strong recently rebuilt. The engine was fine mostly was the cylinder, rectified 1.50 NGK and I have a free exhaust mz. I like to stunt like wheelies beginner and run at the same time I use it for errands multi purposes. I would like to know what is the original top speed in stock, and currently, i forgot to mention my cylinder is modified I amplified the holes in the cylinder and the bottom holes I think they are called transfer and the píston has also been amplified just the holes larger not sure how much larger. They matched cylinder holes, so I have tried running it since I barely have 50 km and they advised to wait until 200km - 500km. I also wanted to know how much km per gallon it does stock. I will find out how much mines does soon so yeah and on average in stock how fast it goes to 60 or 100 in how many seconds. I want to compete with a Pulsar NS 200. I heard changing the carburetor to a YZ125, but how much more gas will it consume does it really make a lot of difference? also putting power valae vforce and a good exhaust system. With these modifications how much faster will it run. How much faster should mines run since i still cant test it. 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok so from what I gather from your message is that you "Like to do wheelies" and you have just had it "rebored" Yes? And it now only does 50KPH..! If you keep going it will soon be doing    0 KPH. Also you want to know what the original speed was when it was new Yes? About 60 MPH or there abouts I should think.

Do 200 Kilometers to run it in and then you can thrash the shit out of it till you break it again.

As to how far it will go on a tank of fuel, there are so many variables that it's pointless even guessing.! Oh and how fast can it get to 60 or 100 KPH? This will make you laugh, how steep a hill are you on? And are you going up or down it?

• Haha 1

Yep, dt's don't tune easy, the successful ones normally need a scratch built exhaust and sensitive tuning by someone who has done it before. Just opening up the ports will as so eloquently put "make it run like shit". Esp the exhaust leave that port alone.

For what its worth, around 50mpg is doable and as for top speed, if you run it to the red line you may touch 60mph, makes a 0-60 time irrelevant. As far as it matters go is not what the dt was for, riding gentle through dirt lanes and fields its difficult to beat for strength and low speed manners.

You want speed, buy an RD/TZR

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online