Donny Park tomorrow

This post is 2472 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

ace, love to ride donnington. get my shit together and do it next year. Is it classic track day?

I would have fancied that too.

Have watched bikes and cars round there and would love to give it a go.

Would they let a 30yr old 2smoker on there? 

Drewpy/Cynic, I book the Road Bike Only trackdays, so theres no tyre warmers/race bikes etc. As long as the bike has a current MOT, its allowed on track. Thers all sorts of bikes, BMW adveture machines, aprilia tuonos, R1s, S1000rr, cbr600s, daytonas, a real good mix. and me on the fazer. What a hoot I had. Id upload a vid but the file is likely too big. I try not to take it too seriously, but i did remove the centre stand and the pillion footpegs, and renew the brake fluid (which made a significant improvement by the way). I know its not supposed to be competetive, but youve got to try an catch the chaps in front, dont you.

7 sessions in the day, 20 minutes a session, total 2 hours 20 minutes on track. I actually refrained from the final session cos I was exhausted. i could barley lift the bike from the side stand

Its just great fun

• Like 1

What did it cost?

Found this Cynic https://www.trackdays.co.uk/experience-days/motorcycle/motorcycle-gift/ looks like a £100 a day using your own bike..!

Hmm. 

Definately something we can do.

Tyres and tyre pressures topic cropped in the pit garage amongst fellow riders, with  differing views, but thats expected as plenty of different tyres and bikes there. The tyre fitter present at the day was free with his advice and one rider was advised to drop the rear down to 28psi. I thought that was rather low.

So I checked mine immediately after finishing the session. Id set the rear at 36psi (as advised in the owners manual for fast riding). I had gone up to 43psi. I dropped it back down to 36. 

Slightly confused, so I rang Bridgestone yesterday for some illumination. Lovely conversation, very informative. They recommend for the fazer on the BT 023 36f and 42 r for road riding, and 33f 31r for trackdays, set cold.

28 front and 30 rear on the FZ600. it also differs on each track. depends how twisty etc

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online