XT600E

jim1
This post is 5248 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi

has anyone els had any trobul with a starter solinoed or realy. on a 02 plate or cloes to xt600e.

as i had to fit one of a 22year old 125 honda thats working fine for now. any one know wye the yam ones are not working.

jim

• 4 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

I am about to commit hari kari , i have replace the bloody solenoid on my 2001 xt600e twice now and still having trouble , was your problem the starter keeps winding over no matter what?

hi

has anyone els had any trobul with a starter solinoed or realy. on a 02 plate or cloes to xt600e.

as i had to fit one of a 22year old 125 honda thats working fine for now. any one know wye the yam ones are not working.

jim

Hi

I am about to commit hari kari , I hve replace the bloody solenoid on my 2001 xt600e twice now and still having trouble , was your problem the starter keeps winding over no matter what?

Hi there

yes this did hapen along with it doing nothing then starting to work fine then stiking on and finaly nothing at all. I o not know what casued this but the solinoid from a Honda I fitted after 2 yam ones fuckup.

I checked le electrical sustem twice and could find nothing wrong but the solinoid. I even load tested the starter motor twice i do not know what amps it should take but mine only took around 20A. if you find any test dater that might be of help pleace let me know and i will do the same.

jim

• 3 years later...

I have a 1995 xt600e and have had all the problems with my ignition such as solenoid, ignition coil blowing. The cause of these problems lie with the TCI ignitor which appears to have a common fault. TCI ignition NOT a CDI. There is a czech company that does a replacement for about 120 of our new pounds sterling. I do not know the name of them so happy hunting.

Ok Solenoids are just high current switches - their contacts can weld themselves shut. Doesn't happen often but if it does the only way to shut the starter motor off is disconnect the battery. Not a good situation.

I can't see a good clear description of the exact problems you've been suffering, but it could be if the solenoid is weak replacing it with another kind is a valid fix.

Some relys do input into the ignition, so might need to find one with a similiar input - its not rocket science.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online