DT 125 Electrics

OliverBarnes
This post is 2662 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, 

This is my first post so I hope I'm doing this right! But I was hoping to seek advice with an issue I have with my 2002 Dt 125. The bike was in full road worthy condition in January but was taken off the road for the rest of winter so it could receive some needed attention (re-sprayed fuel tank, sandblasted parts etc). Now it's coming into summer I've rebuilt the bike, everything appeared to be fine (bike started first kick!!) but I've lost all electrics controlled on the handlebars (all headlights, side light, indicators and horn). Electrics is not my strong point and I've done my best with a multi meter to diagnose any obvious issues but found nothing. I've managed to trace power up to the control unit on the handle bars but it doesn't seem to give any power out again??? With ignition on and toggling through light controls and light controls only the little relay by the coolant revisvior buzzes? Not sure if this is normal? ANY HELP APPRECIATED

King regards, Ollie

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Oliver, you will get more answers if you say "hello" in the new members section before you ask a " how do I fix my bike" question. Just pop over there and say Hi so folks know your probably not a one hit wonder, not saying you are just we get loads of folk that rock up ask for help then vanish without so much as a "thank you". Just sayin..!

3 hours ago, slice said:

Hi Oliver, you will get more answers if you say "hello" in the new members section before you ask a " how do I fix my bike" question. Just pop over there and say Hi so folks know your probably not a one hit wonder, not saying you are just we get loads of folk that rock up ask for help then vanish without so much as a "thank you". Just sayin..!

Hi slice, thanks for the advice! I shall head over to the new members and say hello, didn't mean to come across as a one hit wonder I'm just new to forums, I'm happy to help where I can.

No prob Oliver welcome to the YOC mate,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online