Hydraulic clutch conversion FZ6 S2

neversaydie
This post is 2516 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I had a trackday booked at Donny last month but had to cancel it due to an untimely re-occurrence of trigger finger on the left hand. Knuckle swelled up and I could no longer pull the clutch. I had previously modified the slave lever to reduce the load, which worked to a degree, but when I sat down and thought a little longer about the hand, it crossed my my that the heavy clutch/repetitive movement might actually be the cause. I did a bit of research on the ineterwebby and could go hydraulic with chinese parts for 30 to 40 quid, but some of the reviews of part quality led me to steer clear. So I took the opportunity while at the last stafford show and got a show price deal on this piece of kit

Pic%201%201.jpg

Once i got the hand sorted a couple of weeks ago, i installed it on the bike, after re-instating all of the original levers etc. Hardest part was threading the slave cylinder through the frame as it really tight in there. Clutch pull is now a one finger job, its so light and smooth and has transformed the operation.

Re-booked at donny on the 14th June :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online